At St Bonaventure’s we follow the National Curriculum of September 2013 and believe that numeracy is essential for our children to progress in the future. Our aims, when teaching mathematics, are for our children to:
- Understand the importance in maths on a day-to-day basis
- Explore maths through immersive practical activities and discussion, that give the children pleasure
- Promote independent thinking, reasoning, decision making and problem solving
- Encourage confidence with the numbers and the number system
- Ensure that children are able to collect information and present in a way that is accessible to themselves, their peers and the adults in their lives
- Predict effectively, based on graphs, diagrams, charts and tables as our children spot patterns and recognise mathematical consistency.
Please click on the attachments below to view the Calculation Policies and the Times Tables tests as well as the presentation from the Curriculum Information Evening held on 16th November 2016.