All pupils attending St Bonaventure's wear school uniform from Reception to Year 6.
We have school uniform for the following reasons:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
All children are expected to adhere to the dress code. Please ensure that all items are clearly labelled to avoid losing clothing at school.
All items of St Bonaventure's school uniform, including book bags, are available to buy from Monkhouse Schoolwear Specialists either at their shop (Unit 1 Simmonds View, Parkway North, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS34 8HQ) or from their website. Monkhouse also carries a range of dark grey skirts, trousers and pinafores as well as tights, socks and PE items.
Our school uniform consists of:
- White or navy polo shirt or shirt/blouse (With the St Bon's logo can be bought from Monkhhouse. Plain ones can be bought from any school uniform retailer.)
- Navy St Bon's sweatshirt or cardigan (With the St Bon's logo can be bought from Monkhouse. Plain ones can be bought from any school uniform retailer.)
- Black, navy or dark grey trousers/skirt (available from any school uniform retailer)
- Black, navy or grey tights/socks or white socks.
During hot weather:
- Girls may wear blue checked summer dresses, or black, navy or dark grey shorts
- Boys may wear black, navy or dark grey shorts
- Children may wear sensible summer sandals. These should be a plain colour with suitable straps to ensure that they are secure and will not fall off the foot (no flip flops, Crocs or highly ornate sandals). Socks should also be worn with these to avoid rubbing.
ALL children should have a PE kit in school each day.
Labelled kit bag containing:
- St Bon's logo white PE T-shirt
- Navy blue shorts (summer months)
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms (winter months).
PE kit should be kept in school at all times. Please note that if children do not have their kit in school they will not be able to take part in sporting activities.
Children in Years 3-6 attend 10 swimming sessions per academic year. Children in Year 2 attend 5 sessions per year. These take place at Horfield Leisure Centre on Wednesday afternoons. Children will need to have:
- Girls - swimming costume (one piece - no bikinis please)
- Boys - fitted swim shorts (no baggy beach shorts)
- Goggles (if children like to use them)
- Swimming cap
The following may be worn in school:
- Plain studs.
- A religious necklace.
However, please do not wear jewellery on PE days to avoid any loss of jewellery removed at school. Earrings that have been recently pierced may be taped up during PE.
We recommend that all children with long hair wear their hair up so as to avoid "unwanted visitors"!
Children are encouraged to look for any lost property in the last place they had it. All items should be clearly named to enable them to be easily identified. All items which are unclaimed and unnamed will be placed in the lost property box in the atrium between Reception and Year 1. This will be emptied regularly and all unclaimed items will be given to charity.
The school accepts no responsibility for lost items.
Where to buy school uniform
All St Bonaventure's school uniform is available to buy from Monkhouse either at their shop (Unit 1 Simmonds View, Parkway North, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS34 8HQ) or from their website.