The Government provides funding to provide quality primary PE and school sport. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision for PE and sport in school.
As a school we already provide pupils with high quality PE and sports - this funding further enhances our existing provision. The funding is intended for the purposes of establishing and developing sports activities which are sustainable in the long term.
How we will spend Sports Premium funding:
We believe in collaboration and partnership, working to make the best use of resources and enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils. With this in mind, and following the guidelines for how to spend this money, our plans for the use of the Sports Premium funding include:
• Continued membership of the St Bede's Sport Partnership Network, and the Bristol Football Junior League. Including LA /cluster programme of sports league competitions and tournaments to increase pupils participation.
• Increasing the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate - running sport competitions, and increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games and inter school competitions.
• To ensure the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments with other schools.
• Encourage a love of sport and fitness in those who need an extra boost or who do not have access to sport opportunities outside school, by setting up a Sport Active club in school
• Extend sport clubs outside the curriculum and at lunchtime in order to widen choice for the children and increase levels of daily activity.
• Invest in the professional development of staff at our school so they are best equipped to teach high quality Physical Education and school sport for years to come. The class teachers have been coached to teach PE by taking part in PE lessons provided by a sports coach, then observed teaching the skills they have learned by the coach.